Beware of Unauthorized Service Providers
WARNING: DO NOT SIGN ANY FORMS FROM THEM!
Some guide book publishers (i.e. Construct Data/ Fair Guide/ Expo Guide) have been approaching our exhibitors and requesting company data updates for an online directory. They have obtained the names of exhibitors without our knowledge or agreement. Their offers may bear the bold captions of our exhibition and our company name, but Bailey Communications HK Limited has absolutely no connection with them. By signing an agreement with Fair Guide or Expo Guide, you commit yourself to paying for a 3 years advertisement commitment at a significant cost.
We do not have a partner agreement or relationship with Fair Guide, Expo Guide nor any of their other brands. Please remember that we will normally require exhibitors to update corporate profile in the Online Exhibitor Manual only. Exhibitors receiving correspondences from unusual sources are advised to scrutinize them carefully. If in doubt, please contact us for clarification.
If you have been affected by the solicitation, here are a few tips that have worked for others:
- Write to your local trading standards organization to report the incident. They should be able to give you some good advice.
- Optional: write a polite but explicit letter back stating that you have been mis-sold and that they are passing themselves off as expo organizers due to the way they present their information.
- DO NOT PAY ANYTHING.
- Stop engaging with them and wait out the legal-threat storm.
Please note that this is not an instruction as to what to do, but just a guide on how others have extracted themselves from this extortion. (The tips are courtesy of www.energygrid.com)
Beware of other unauthorized service providers:
It has been brought to our attention that exhibitors and visitors may have been contacted by unauthorized companies promising trade show related services. Official vendors are listed in our exhibitor manual, and if you have received any suspicious emails from other external companies about our services, please contact us to verify.
We want to assure all of our attendees and exhibitors that we take data protection seriously and have not shared any details with any third party companies.
We would also like to warn exhibitors and potential exhibitors that these companies do not have access to the data they are claiming to and would urge extreme caution in dealing with them.
– Umaxmedia (attendee list)
– CMA Insurance Agent Limited (exhibition insurance)
– Emily George (email@example.com)(attendees list)
– Ava Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org)(attendees list)
– Jane Teruya (email@example.com)(Visitors/attendees List)
– Parker Bishop (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Visitors/attendees List)
– Eileen Lobozo (email@example.com) (Visitors/attendees List)
Known Scam Companies:
– Aim Digital Pros
– Asset Media Leads
– Business Travel Bureau
– Carlsons B2B
– CMI Event Travel
– Construct Data Verlag
– Contact Attendees From Show
– Contact Expos Lead
– Corporate Booking Services – CBS International
– Demand Generation Executive
– Dynamic Global Leads
– E-List Appenders
– Event Attendees
– Event Fair
– Events 323
– Event Travel Planners
– Expo and Show Contacts
– Expo Conferences Leads
– Expo Guide
– Expo Lead Contact
– Event Prospex
– Global Housing Corp
– Info USA E-Data
– International Business Pro
– International Fairs Directory
– Market Media Pro
– Metric Valor
– Micro Info Tek
– Pro Asset Media
– Procure Marketing Guide
– Targeted Mails
– TekInfo Hub Services
– Trade Shows Lead
– Trade Show Organizer
– Trimax Leads
– Trade Show Internet
If you have been approached by any potential unauthorized vendors, please provide all the related information to us for further action. Thank you.
Sponsors & Supporting Organisations
SPECIAL SUPPORTING ORGANISATIONS
OVERSEAS SUPPORTING ORGANISATIONS
LOCAL SUPPORTING ORGANISATIONS
Kwai Chung District Primary School Heads Association
North District Secondary School Principals’ Association
Tsuen Wan Primary School Heads’ Association